"Just a note to thank you for the great cookery course we enjoyed last week and your patient tuition and good humour. We learnt so much and can't wait to put it into practice at home to see if it all still works for us away from the magic of the Walnut Grove."
Mike & Lynn Atkins
England, May 2008
1. Pre-heat a cast iron griddle pan. Peel the asparagus spears and brush well with oil until completely coated. Also pre-heat grill.
2. Cut beetroot into small dice, taking care that they are all an even size.
3. Place asparagus on the griddle until cooked, turning them over as required.
4. Cut four slices of goats cheese, about 5mm thick and place on the cooked asparagus, and move the griddle under the grill until the goats cheese is colored.
5. In a small bowl whisk the vinegar and oil, add salt to taste.
6. Carefully transfer the asparagus and goats cheese to a plate, place the beetroot around it and drizzle with vinaigrette.
Nice light starter that takes advantage of the seasonal asparagus
This only takes minutes to put together and cook, so advanced prep is not really necessary however you could slice the beetroot and peel the asparagus in advance.
Experience the reality of gourmet cooking yourself. There is only one way to learn and that is to do it! Top chefs, luxury accommodation, set in France - the home of gourmet cuisine; what more could you ask for?
Your hosts and tutors are acclaimed chefs Maynard Harvey and Emerson Farrar, two modern chefs who use the freshest ingredients with an emphasis on distinct flavours and clean, meticulous presentation. Their passion and enthusiasm for cooking will stimulate your own love of food, and their expertise will help you gain confidence and perfect your technique in the kitchen.
To find out more about our holidays, courses, accommodation and location deep in the heart of the 'real' French countryside, please look around our site. For further information, contact us.