"Mother & daughter; we came to bond, learn and have fun. We got all & more. Thank you for your kindness, patience and sharing your fantastic skills."
Ireland Oct 2006
1. Crush garlic until smooth, mix into butter, add chopped parsley and mix well.
2. Cut the avocado in half, remove the stone and peel.
3. Fill the cavity with garlic butter and wrap a rasher of bacon around each half.
4. Put on a baking tray, and put into a hot oven (around 180°C) for around 10 minutes or until the bacon is golden and crispy.
5. Remove from oven, brush lightly with melted butter.
6. Take your washed salad leaves and toss in a bowl with a little vinaigrette (not too much dressing because the garlic butter makes it a rich dish.) Arrange, artistically and lightly, in a nice bowl or plate, and carefully place the avocado half on top. Garnish with soft herbs and serve.
This is an extremely quick and easy dish and a good tasty one! Try putting a couple of nice juicy peeled king prawns under the bacon before you cook it. Ideal starter for a last minute dinner party, or with extra salad and crusty bread a delicious lunch.
You can make your garlic butter in advance, however because this dish is so quick to put together, everything else should be done just before cooking because avocados will discolour very quickly.
Experience the reality of gourmet cooking yourself. There is only one way to learn and that is to do it! Top chefs, luxury accommodation, set in France - the home of gourmet cuisine; what more could you ask for?
Your hosts and tutors are acclaimed chefs Maynard Harvey and Emerson Farrar, two modern chefs who use the freshest ingredients with an emphasis on distinct flavours and clean, meticulous presentation. Their passion and enthusiasm for cooking will stimulate your own love of food, and their expertise will help you gain confidence and perfect your technique in the kitchen.
To find out more about our holidays, courses, accommodation and location deep in the heart of the 'real' French countryside, please look around our site. For further information, contact us.