"Thanks for a brilliant, fun, inspiring week. My kitchen will never be the same again - pots of veal glace reducing on the hob, sugar-work all over the counter and brunoise veggies with lunch! Lovely accommodation with some great touches - great design style here! Good luck in the future - Diolch yn fawr iawn."
1. Wash spinach and pick any long stalks off. Shake excess water off and set aside.
2. Heat a non-stick frying pan and cook bacon until just crispy. Add spinach and wilt until just cooked. Season to taste.
3. Butter the dishes you are going to use to cook the dish - we have used "sur le plat" dishes but you can use any shallow, oven-proof dish that is around 12 to 15cm diameter.
4. Share the spinach and bacon between the 4 dishes, leaving a well in the centre of each dish.
5. Crack the duck egg into the well then cover with grated cheese and cream. Bake at 180°C until egg is just cooked, you can tell when it is cooked the same way as you can see when a fried egg is cooked.
Serve as a starter or a lunch. Is also great with a chicken egg if you don't have any duck eggs.
Really needs to be cooked to order, but it is so quick and easy to prepare you don't need any advanced prep!
Cooking courses and gourmet vacations available at
Experience the reality of gourmet cooking yourself. There is only one way to learn and that is to do it! Top chefs, luxury accommodation, set in France - the home of gourmet cuisine; what more could you ask for?
Your hosts and tutors are acclaimed chefs Maynard Harvey and Emerson Farrar, two modern chefs who use the freshest ingredients with an emphasis on distinct flavours and clean, meticulous presentation. Their passion and enthusiasm for cooking will stimulate your own love of food, and their expertise will help you gain confidence and perfect your technique in the kitchen.
To find out more about our holidays, courses, accommodation and location deep in the heart of the 'real' French countryside, please look around our site. For further information, contact us.