"Thanks for a great week! Even though we cannot eat another bite we really enjoyed the food! When we fit our clothes again we will definitely try these recipes at home. Next time we will beat you at croquet!
Tien & Doreen
Australia & Holland
1. Finely dice the shallots, combine in a saucepan with the white wine, vinegar & dried tarragon, bring to the boil then at a heavy simmer reduce the liquid by two thirds.
2. In a mixing bowl add the cold reduction of wine, vinegar, shallots to the egg yolks and whisk over a bain-marie (pan of just simmering water) until the yolks have doubled in volume, and are light & fluffy. Remove from heat.
3. Slowly add the clarified butter, whisking until thick & creamy.
4. Season to taste with salt, cayenne pepper and lemon juice (cut the lemon into quarters, about one quarter should provide enough juice) and add tarragon to taste.
5. When you are ready coat the beef with freshly ground pepper, cook to your liking, although take it out of the pan when it is a little under-done, it will continue to cook while it rests. Leave it to rest for at least 5 minutes to allow the meat fibres to relax and for the juice to re-absorb into the meat giving maximum flavor and tenderness. Serve with Bearnaise sauce and enjoy!
The sauce should be served warm, but do not over-heat or it will split. If it is allowed to get cold it will set and then split. If you leave the tarragon & shallots out you will have a Hollandaise sauce.
Needs to be made the day of consumption.
Experience the reality of gourmet cooking yourself. There is only one way to learn and that is to do it! Top chefs, luxury accommodation, set in France - the home of gourmet cuisine; what more could you ask for?
Your hosts and tutors are acclaimed chefs Maynard Harvey and Emerson Farrar, two modern chefs who use the freshest ingredients with an emphasis on distinct flavours and clean, meticulous presentation. Their passion and enthusiasm for cooking will stimulate your own love of food, and their expertise will help you gain confidence and perfect your technique in the kitchen.
To find out more about our holidays, courses, accommodation and location deep in the heart of the 'real' French countryside, please look around our site. For further information, contact us.