"What a wonderful experience spending the last five days at The Walnut Grove. From gutting & filleting fish to making caramel with sugar, I had a lot of fun. I promise to keep my knives sharp and to move my arm instead of my wrist! Thanks for everything."
1.In a small bowl cream the blue cheese with & tablespoon of water until it is a paste.
2. Roll out the puff pastry and spread the cheese mixture evenly over it, slice into this strips (about 1cm wide).
3. Have a baking tray ready to put the straws on, pick up a strip holding at each end, then twist them evenly and place
onto the baking tray.
4. When all the strips have been twisted and are on the baking tray, sprinkle with the black sesame and grated Parmesan cheese.
5. Bake at 175°C for around 15 minutes or until golden brown.
6. We serve them with a Greek yogurt, garlic & blue cheese dressing, just mix a clove of crushed garlic with the yogurt and blue cheese, and top with chopped fresh chives.
Great with drinks & nibbles, or part of a picnic
These need to be made on the day, and kept in an airtight container
Cooking courses and gourmet vacations available at
Experience the reality of gourmet cooking yourself. There is only one way to learn and that is to do it! Top chefs, luxury accommodation, set in France - the home of gourmet cuisine; what more could you ask for?
Your hosts and tutors are acclaimed chefs Maynard Harvey and Emerson Farrar, two modern chefs who use the freshest ingredients with an emphasis on distinct flavours and clean, meticulous presentation. Their passion and enthusiasm for cooking will stimulate your own love of food, and their expertise will help you gain confidence and perfect your technique in the kitchen.
To find out more about our holidays, courses, accommodation and location deep in the heart of the 'real' French countryside, please look around our site. For further information, contact us.