"Darlings! What can I say?! What a fab way to spend celebrating my 50th birthday! Really really enjoyed a marvelous week! I shall not forget you all. Love & hugs"
1. Preheat oven to 350 °F 175°. Place all the ingredients except for the flour into a saucepan and heat together until liquid. Set aside to cool
2. Sift flour into a large mixing bowl and pour the mixture into the flour. Beat well
3. Mould into small balls, then press the ball flat onto baking sheet, well spaced apart, as the mixture will spread.
4. Bake 10 to 15 minutes in preheated oven, until golden.
5. Remove from oven, leave on the mat to cool for a minute, this will allow the brandy snaps to firm up a little. After a minute use a pallet knife to gently lift the brandy snap off the mat, it should still be soft & pliable. Shape it over dariol moulds to form a basket, or wrap around a pipe to form a tube.
Brandy snaps make a lovely pudding, filled with fruit, cream or ice-cream. You can make small ones to use as petit-fours.
The mixture will keep for at least a week in the fridge, so it can be made well in advance, however the brandy snaps are best cooked on the day you are going to serve them. Store in an airtight container after they are cooked and cooled.
Cooking courses and gourmet vacations available at
Experience the reality of gourmet cooking yourself. There is only one way to learn and that is to do it! Top chefs, luxury accommodation, set in France - the home of gourmet cuisine; what more could you ask for?
Your hosts and tutors are acclaimed chefs Maynard Harvey and Emerson Farrar, two modern chefs who use the freshest ingredients with an emphasis on distinct flavours and clean, meticulous presentation. Their passion and enthusiasm for cooking will stimulate your own love of food, and their expertise will help you gain confidence and perfect your technique in the kitchen.
To find out more about our holidays, courses, accommodation and location deep in the heart of the 'real' French countryside, please look around our site. For further information, contact us.