"Chaps, what can I say! Absolutely superb, so many tips, thoughts & ideas which will assist no end in my culinary escapades! Great course, great teachers, great fun... would recommend to anyone."
1. Finely dice the onions and crush the garlic.In a heavy based saucepan sweat off the garlic, onions, thyme and bacon lardons (lardons is where bacon is chopped into matchsticks) in a little cooking oil until it is soft and the bacon is cooked, but there is no color.
2. Either blitz the bread in a food processor to make breadcrumbs, or tear into small chunks. Set aside.
3. Pour in the cream and milk, and bring to the boil.
4. Add the breadcrumbs, or bread chunks and beat until it is smooth.
5. Add butter and mix until it is fully incorporated, season to taste.
Obviously fantastic with turkey but goes equally well with chicken. This isn't the traditional way of making bread sauce, but we think this is nicer! If you aren't sure and don't want to risk it for Christmas day, why not make some before Christmas for a Sunday chicken roast.
You can make your bread sauce the day before this will allow the flavors to infuse. It is also nice made on the day.
Cooking courses and gourmet vacations available at
Experience the reality of gourmet cooking yourself. There is only one way to learn and that is to do it! Top chefs, luxury accommodation, set in France - the home of gourmet cuisine; what more could you ask for?
Your hosts and tutors are acclaimed chefs Maynard Harvey and Emerson Farrar, two modern chefs who use the freshest ingredients with an emphasis on distinct flavours and clean, meticulous presentation. Their passion and enthusiasm for cooking will stimulate your own love of food, and their expertise will help you gain confidence and perfect your technique in the kitchen.
To find out more about our holidays, courses, accommodation and location deep in the heart of the 'real' French countryside, please look around our site. For further information, contact us.