"You have managed to rekindle my love of cooking and the joy of preparing food for all to enjoy! Learning how to present & prepare food that looks fantastic and tastes even better & is still hot! Thanks for your patience & support on the food journey! I'll be back for the Advanced course!"
Pat & Linda Brown
England Sept 2007
1. Slice the onions and crush the garlic. In a large heavy based saucepan melt the butter, add the onions and garlic, and gently sauté until they are softened without any color.
2. Peel and dice the butternut squash, add to the onions and continue to sauté for another 5 mins, still without coloring the vegetables.
3. Heat the chicken stock and add to the butternut squash & onions. Boil until the butternut is cooked then add cream. Bring back to the boil for 1 minute and remove from heat.
4. Liquidise the soup, transfer back into the saucepan to season. Add grated parmesasn, salt & pepper to taste. Pass the soup through a soup, using the back of a ladle to push as much pulp through.
5. Serve in bowls and garnish with cream and fresh parmesan.
This is a great soup for warming you up on a cold winters day, try it for lunch with fresh homemade bread. It also makes a good starter served with Parmesan croutons. If you would like it spicy then simply add spices of your choice when you are cooking the onions. For a vegetarian version simply replace the chicken stock with a good vegetable stock.
This soup can be made a couple of days in advance.
Experience the reality of gourmet cooking yourself. There is only one way to learn and that is to do it! Top chefs, luxury accommodation, set in France - the home of gourmet cuisine; what more could you ask for?
Your hosts and tutors are acclaimed chefs Maynard Harvey and Benedict Haines, two modern chefs who use the freshest ingredients with an emphasis on distinct flavours and clean, meticulous presentation. Their passion and enthusiasm for cooking will stimulate your own love of food, and their expertise will help you gain confidence and perfect your technique in the kitchen.
To find out more about our holidays, courses, accommodation and location deep in the heart of the 'real' French countryside, please look around our site. For further information, contact us.