"I had a fantastic time. The farmhouse was beautiful and the experience far exceeded my expectations. Maynard and Benedict are great teachers, and Freya was great also. I would recommend this trip to all my friends and co-workers."
1. Roughly chop onions, garlic, celery, green chilli and washed leek and slowly fry (with a little olive oil) in a heavy based saucepan until soft (but no colour).
2. Add the spices and cook for for a further 2 to 3 minutes. Add the roughly chopped cauliflower and cover with the chicken stock (as a vegetarian option use vegetable stock).
3. Bring to the boil, turn down heat and gently simmer until cauliflower is soft.
4. Purée the soup with a stick blender, or in a liquidizer until smooth. Pass the soup through a chinois or fine sieve. Add cream then season to taste. The soup is now ready to eat.
2 egg yolks
1/2 tsp curry powder
1 tbsp water
1. Whisk egg yolks, water and curry powder over a bain marie until the eggs have changed to a pale colour and are light and fluffy. Season with salt and pepper and a dash of lemon juice.
2. Ladle the soup into your bowl, and spoon the sabayon over the top of the soup. Glaze with a gas torch until golden brown. Finish with a few dribbles of fresh cream and a sprig of chervil.
This is a great soup for warming you up on a cold winters day. It also makes a good starter served with baby poppadoms or curried croutons. If you would like it spicier then simply add more spices at the appropriate stage. Suitable for vegetarians
This can be made a couple of days in advance, however the sabayon is best made just before serving.
Experience the reality of gourmet cooking yourself. There is only one way to learn and that is to do it! Top chefs, luxury accommodation, set in France - the home of gourmet cuisine; what more could you ask for?
Your hosts and tutors are acclaimed chefs Maynard Harvey and Emerson Farrar, two modern chefs who use the freshest ingredients with an emphasis on distinct flavours and clean, meticulous presentation. Their passion and enthusiasm for cooking will stimulate your own love of food, and their expertise will help you gain confidence and perfect your technique in the kitchen.
To find out more about our holidays, courses, accommodation and location deep in the heart of the 'real' French countryside, please look around our site. For further information, contact us.