"Dear (sexy!) chefs:
I enjoyed these days, made me refresh my memory on how much I love food. Thanks for all the tips and the wonderful ambience. I had so much fun and will use a lot from this course in my personal career."
Claudia de la Torre
1. Preheat oven to 170°C. Cream butter and sugar, sift flour, baking powder & salt together mix into butter & sugar mixture, then gradually add milk, mixing until you have a smooth batter.
2. Whisk egg whites and gently fold into the batter mixture.
3. Melt the extra butter (approx 30g) and using a pastry brush generously butter the moulds.
4. Evenly distribute the cherries between the moulds.
5. Pour on the batter, then place on a tray and put in oven for about 25 minutes or until golden brown. Allow to cool slightly and dust with icing sugar.
Is best made to order, you can have the moulds pre-buttered, but the batter is best used straight away before the egg whites collapse.
We serve it warm, but it can be served cold with either vanilla ice cream or whipped cream.
Cooking courses and gourmet vacations available at
Experience the reality of gourmet cooking yourself. There is only one way to learn and that is to do it! Top chefs, luxury accommodation, set in France - the home of gourmet cuisine; what more could you ask for?
Your hosts and tutors are acclaimed chefs Maynard Harvey and Emerson Farrar, two modern chefs who use the freshest ingredients with an emphasis on distinct flavours and clean, meticulous presentation. Their passion and enthusiasm for cooking will stimulate your own love of food, and their expertise will help you gain confidence and perfect your technique in the kitchen.
To find out more about our holidays, courses, accommodation and location deep in the heart of the 'real' French countryside, please look around our site. For further information, contact us.