"Dear Walnut Grove
Thank you very much for the best vacation of my life. You were friendly, teaching, patient, thoughtful and inspiring. I will be talking about you to everyone that I know. And I will be so much looking forward to come here again. Thank you. Tesekkür ederim."
1. Finely chop the shallot and crush the garlic, sweat off in a medium sized saucepan with a little vegetable oil and a knob of butter until cooked without colour. Brush the wild mushrooms clean and slice finely, add to shallots and cook until soft.
2. Add the orzo, stir in until coated in shallots & wild mushrooms, then add the white wine. Bring to the boil, continue to cook until the wine has reduced right down.
3. Add the chicken stock little by little (ladle at a time) in the same way as making a risotto, cook the stock down until it has reduced before adding more. Keep checking the orzo and stop adding stock when the orzo is cooked al dente - approx 20 min's. It should be quite moist/wet, like risotto.
4. Heat a heavy frying pan and seal the chicken breasts off in a little oil then finish cooking in the oven at 160°C for about 10 min's or until cooked. Remove from oven and leave to rest.
5. Wash the spinach and roughly chop. Put the orzo back on a low heat, add the mascarpone, stir in, add the spinach and half the Parmesan.
6. To serve place the orzo in a large bowl or plate of your choice, topped with the rest of the Parmesan then place the chicken breast on top.
Perfect for lunch or dinner, you could serve just the orzo as a starter in the same as a risotto. The orzo is also a lovely accompaniment to red meats.
Best made to order
Experience the reality of gourmet cooking yourself. There is only one way to learn and that is to do it! Top chefs, luxury accommodation, set in France - the home of gourmet cuisine; what more could you ask for?
Your hosts and tutors are acclaimed chefs Maynard Harvey and Emerson Farrar, two modern chefs who use the freshest ingredients with an emphasis on distinct flavours and clean, meticulous presentation. Their passion and enthusiasm for cooking will stimulate your own love of food, and their expertise will help you gain confidence and perfect your technique in the kitchen.
To find out more about our holidays, courses, accommodation and location deep in the heart of the 'real' French countryside, please look around our site. For further information, contact us.