"A very enjoyable and hospitable few days. The cooking standards have greatly encouraged us to raise the bar in cooking not just for guests but also for ourselves on an everyday basis.
The whole hospitality package of food, accommodation and personalities was just right and will be recommended to our friends."
1. Pre-heat oven to 300°F / 150°C. Grease a 10inch/25cm round cake dish.
2. In a small saucepan over a medium heat combine the water and sugar, stirring until completely dissolved.
3. Melt chocolate in a bowl inside a saucepan of gently boiling water. Cut butter into small cubes and add to the chocolate , stirring until melted.
4. Beat in the sugar water. In a small bowl beat the eggs, then add to the chocolate mixture.
5. Pour mixture into greased cake dish. Place cake dish in a larger pan (or roasting tray) half filled with boiling water to create a bain marie. Bake for 45 mins.
When cooked, remove from bain marie, leave to cool completely and serve at room temperature.
Serve with vanilla ice-cream or freshly whipped cream.
Best prepared and cooked on the day of serving.
Cooking courses and gourmet vacations available at
Experience the reality of gourmet cooking yourself. There is only one way to learn and that is to do it! Top chefs, luxury accommodation, set in France - the home of gourmet cuisine; what more could you ask for?
Your hosts and tutors are acclaimed chefs Maynard Harvey and Emerson Farrar, two modern chefs who use the freshest ingredients with an emphasis on distinct flavours and clean, meticulous presentation. Their passion and enthusiasm for cooking will stimulate your own love of food, and their expertise will help you gain confidence and perfect your technique in the kitchen.
To find out more about our holidays, courses, accommodation and location deep in the heart of the 'real' French countryside, please look around our site. For further information, contact us.