"Freya, Maynard & Benedict
You are all a class act. You've given us a week of a wonderful mix of knowledge, fun & food to remember in a wonderful location. You are generous in imparting tips & technique and giving us confidence to try at home. The company of the other guests has been entertaining (Jonanne) and charming (Lori & Cathy) and we've enjoyed every minute. We wish you all the best of luck for the future and hope we can return again to enjoy your wonderful hospitality."
Leslie & Teelau Payne
1. Melt chocolate & butter in a bowl over a bain marie (water bath - a pot of boiling water)
2. Fold in sifted flour & cocoa powder
3. Using a mixer, whisk the eggs & sugar until light and fluffy, and the mixture leaves a trail behind the whisk (ribbon stage)
4. Gently fold the chocolate mixture into the eggs & sugar mixture with a spatula
5. Chop the walnuts roughly and gently fold into the mixture. Pour mixture into a baking tray lined with greaseproof paper, approx 20cm x 30cm and bake at 180° for 20 to 25 minutes, then leave to cool for 10 minutes in the tray. Transfer to a wire rack, slice when cold.
Whenever you fancy something deliciously decadent! To really spoil yourselves serve with homemade vanilla ice-cream.
Make to order, best made a couple of hours before you want to eat them. Will keep for a couple of days in an airtight container, but best eaten on the day they were made.
Cooking courses and gourmet vacations available at
Experience the reality of gourmet cooking yourself. There is only one way to learn and that is to do it! Top chefs, luxury accommodation, set in France - the home of gourmet cuisine; what more could you ask for?
Your hosts and tutors are acclaimed chefs Maynard Harvey and Emerson Farrar, two modern chefs who use the freshest ingredients with an emphasis on distinct flavours and clean, meticulous presentation. Their passion and enthusiasm for cooking will stimulate your own love of food, and their expertise will help you gain confidence and perfect your technique in the kitchen.
To find out more about our holidays, courses, accommodation and location deep in the heart of the 'real' French countryside, please look around our site. For further information, contact us.