"We truly have had a fantastic week, it has exceeded our expectations in every way. Would love to bring the family here for a week of good food, company & of course the learning experience. Thank you Maynard, Benedict & Freya, an experience to remember."
1. In a small saucepan melt the sugar and golden syrup and boil until it is a light caramel colour
2. Remove from heat and add the baking soda, whisking to ensure there are no lumps of soda. The mixture will froth up
3. Pour mixture onto a baking mat and leave to cool
4. Melt chocolate in a bain marie ( put chocolate in a bowl on top of a saucepan of boiling water) then pour over the cold honeycomb
5. Sprinkle the chopped pistachio nuts onto the chocolate while it is still melted so that it sticks to the chocolate. When the chocolate is set break into pieces and eat!
Can be used as a petit four, or as a sweet treat when you need one. Can also be folded into a dessert at the last minute, but it will melt so if you do this it does need to be done just before you are going to eat it.
Needs to be made an hour or so before you want to eat it. It will keep in an airtight container for up to a day.
Experience the reality of gourmet cooking yourself. There is only one way to learn and that is to do it! Top chefs, luxury accommodation, set in France - the home of gourmet cuisine; what more could you ask for?
Your hosts and tutors are acclaimed chefs Maynard Harvey and Emerson Farrar, two modern chefs who use the freshest ingredients with an emphasis on distinct flavours and clean, meticulous presentation. Their passion and enthusiasm for cooking will stimulate your own love of food, and their expertise will help you gain confidence and perfect your technique in the kitchen.
To find out more about our holidays, courses, accommodation and location deep in the heart of the 'real' French countryside, please look around our site. For further information, contact us.