"This has been the most wonderful few days and I have learned so much. Cannot wait to practice at home. Just hope that my dinner parties will be as calm and relaxed as Maynard & Bendict make it seem!"
UK August 2008
1. Place chocolate in a bain-marie (bowl over the top of a saucepan with boiling water) until it is melted.
2. Take the egg yolks and Grand Marnier and whisk over a bain-marie until fluffy and pale in colour - remove from heat. This is a sabayon.
3. Finally, zest the orange and add to the sabayon, mix well and then fold into the melted white chocolate.
4. Whip the cream in a clean bowl until softly peaking, and fold into the white chocolate mixture.
5. Pour into the glasses you want to serve them in, and chill for at least two hours.
6. To serve, segment your orange (peel so there is no pith, and carefully slice the segments following the lines around each segment). Place a couple of segments on the top of the mousse, and finely grate a little dark chocolate over the top to finish.
This is lovely served with ginger biscuits, either homemade or bought.
These can be made up to 2 days ahead of time if you wish, put it into the glasses you want to serve it in and keep it refrigerated. Garnish with orange and dark chocolate just before serving.
Cooking courses and gourmet vacations available at
Experience the reality of gourmet cooking yourself. There is only one way to learn and that is to do it! Top chefs, luxury accommodation, set in France - the home of gourmet cuisine; what more could you ask for?
Your hosts and tutors are acclaimed chefs Maynard Harvey and Emerson Farrar, two modern chefs who use the freshest ingredients with an emphasis on distinct flavours and clean, meticulous presentation. Their passion and enthusiasm for cooking will stimulate your own love of food, and their expertise will help you gain confidence and perfect your technique in the kitchen.
To find out more about our holidays, courses, accommodation and location deep in the heart of the 'real' French countryside, please look around our site. For further information, contact us.