"The course was excellent, with lots of good instruction from the chefs, Maynard and Benedict. Our skills greatly developed because of lots of `hands on` experience and on the last day we designed and prepared our own meal. The only `F` word in this kitchen was FUN. We would definitely recommend this course and shall be returning ourselves if we can."
Philip & Ann Waine
1. Cover the two gelatine leaves in cold water and leave to soak until softened.
2. Remove the outer leaves of the lemon grass and chop finely.
3. Put milk, cream, sugar, lemon & orange zest and lemon grass into a saucepan and bring to the boil.
4. Remove from the heat. Take the softened gelatine out of the cold water and add to the warm mixture, stir gently until incorporated then leave to infuse for around 1/2 an hour.
5. Strain the mixture through a fine sieve and then pour into 50g metal dariol moulds. Place in the fridge until set.
6. To serve, dip the dariol moulds into hot water for 4 to 5 seconds, then remove the panacotta's from the moulds and place on the serving plate.
You can serve this with a citrus sauce or a passion fruit sauce. It is also nice served with shortbread biscuits. You can see our recipe for shortbread here.
These can be made up to two or three days in advance, but leave them in the moulds until you are ready to serve them.
Experience the reality of gourmet cooking yourself. There is only one way to learn and that is to do it! Top chefs, luxury accommodation, set in France - the home of gourmet cuisine; what more could you ask for?
Your hosts and tutors are acclaimed chefs Maynard Harvey and Emerson Farrar, two modern chefs who use the freshest ingredients with an emphasis on distinct flavours and clean, meticulous presentation. Their passion and enthusiasm for cooking will stimulate your own love of food, and their expertise will help you gain confidence and perfect your technique in the kitchen.
To find out more about our holidays, courses, accommodation and location deep in the heart of the 'real' French countryside, please look around our site. For further information, contact us.