"It was a truly enjoyable experience. What's not to like? Tasting delicious ingredients, trying new techniques, eating delicious food with great company in a beautiful setting. A fantastic culinary holiday."
1. Put the brioche and soft herbs in a blender to make fine breadcrumbs. Sauté fish in a little butter until golden brown on both sides, cover with the brioche crumbs and place on a buttered tray.
2. Cook tagliatelle and make into spirals, (twisting it around a carving fork).
3. Cook mussels, remove from shell and set aside. Save the juice from the mussels.
4. Reduce the fish stock, mussel juice and white wine by two thirds, add cream and reduce to sauce consistency.
5. Put cod into a hot oven, 170°C until just cooked (about 5 minutes). Transfer to plate with the pasta.
6. Finish the sauce by adding the chopped dill and mussels at the last moment, gently spoon over the pasta.
The dish shown here is served on a bed of cooked spinach, it would also be great with a fresh green salad.
The brioche crust can be made a few hours in anvance, and the sauce can also be made in advance however the cod needs to be cooked at the last minute.
Experience the reality of gourmet cooking yourself. There is only one way to learn and that is to do it! Top chefs, luxury accommodation, set in France - the home of gourmet cuisine; what more could you ask for?
Your hosts and tutors are acclaimed chefs Maynard Harvey and Emerson Farrar, two modern chefs who use the freshest ingredients with an emphasis on distinct flavours and clean, meticulous presentation. Their passion and enthusiasm for cooking will stimulate your own love of food, and their expertise will help you gain confidence and perfect your technique in the kitchen.
To find out more about our holidays, courses, accommodation and location deep in the heart of the 'real' French countryside, please look around our site. For further information, contact us.