"Thank you for an amazing experience! The cooking course far exceeded our expectations; we learned so much and made wonderful new friends. Russell and I are excited to take our new skills home and share them with our family and friends. We appreciate your encouragement and faith in our ability to accomplish techniques we did not have before. Thanks!"
San Antonio, TX
1. Melt together the butter, brown sugar and golden syrup. Mix together with the oats until all of the oats are coated into the syrupy mixture and leave to rest for at least half an hour. (Letting the oats soak in the liquid before cooking allows the oats to swell a little, improving the end result.)
2. Add the sesame seeds and mixed nuts of your choice and stir until evenly incorporated.
3. Line a baking dish with grease-proof paper and pour the mixture into it, pressing it firmly into the pan. We used a 20 x 30 cm dish but it doesn't have to be this dimension, as long as when you have put your mix in, it is around 2.5 to 3 cm thick.
4. Bake in a low oven, 160°C / 320°F for about half an hour or until the mix is golden brown and bubbling.
5. Leave to cool, then slice into whatever size you fancy!
Great for snacks, picnics or energy food when cycling, walking or hiking.
Best made on the day that you would like to eat them, but they will keep in a sealed container for up to a week. Can also be frozen
Experience the reality of gourmet cooking yourself. There is only one way to learn and that is to do it! Top chefs, luxury accommodation, set in France - the home of gourmet cuisine; what more could you ask for?
Your hosts and tutors are acclaimed chefs Maynard Harvey and Emerson Farrar, two modern chefs who use the freshest ingredients with an emphasis on distinct flavours and clean, meticulous presentation. Their passion and enthusiasm for cooking will stimulate your own love of food, and their expertise will help you gain confidence and perfect your technique in the kitchen.
To find out more about our holidays, courses, accommodation and location deep in the heart of the 'real' French countryside, please look around our site. For further information, contact us.