1. Melt butter & chocolate gently over a bain marie, then stir together.
2. Whisk eggs and sugar together and then add the melted butter & chocolate and whisk.
3. Fold in the sieved flour.
4. Butter the four dario moulds using cold butter and pour the mixture in until they are three quarters full.
5. Cook in a pre-heated oven @ 170°C or 350°F for 15 to 20 mins or until the top of the fondant is light but springy to the touch.
6 When cooked take out of the mould carefully and serve with vanilla ice cream.
This is a fairly rich pudding but for chocolate lovers a must! For best results use dario moulds which can be easily purchased from good kitchen stores. Cooking times may vary depending on your oven - the end result of the fondant should be reasonably firm around the outside and nice and gooey on the inside! If properly cooked this is a stunning pudding so don't be afraid to experiment with cooking times.
Experience the reality of gourmet cooking yourself. There is only one way to learn and that is to do it! Top chefs, luxury accommodation, set in France - the home of gourmet cuisine; what more could you ask for?
Your hosts and tutors are acclaimed chefs Maynard Harvey and Emerson Farrar, two modern chefs who use the freshest ingredients with an emphasis on distinct flavours and clean, meticulous presentation. Their passion and enthusiasm for cooking will stimulate your own love of food, and their expertise will help you gain confidence and perfect your technique in the kitchen.
To find out more about our holidays, courses, accommodation and location deep in the heart of the 'real' French countryside, please look around our site. For further information, contact us.