"Neither of us have been to school for a very long time! We had a fabulous time. We have learnt new things and recipes whilst having a very enjoyable time. Thank you Maynard & Benedict for your patience and your humour. We look forward to the book! Best wishes for the future."
Dawn & John
1. In a heavy based saucepan bring the milk to the boil then add the crème fraîche, cream and goats cheese.
2. Put the gelatine leaves in a bowl of cold water to soften, then add to the warm goats cheese mixture, whisking all the time until dissolved.
3. Season to taste with salt & pepper, then strain the mixture through a sieve, pour into dariol moulds and place in the fridge until set.
4. When the panacotta is set, dip the mould into hot water for a couple of seconds, turn upside down over your hand until it is released into your hand, then place in the center of the plate.
5. Garnish with strips of apple, walnuts and light herbs then drizzle with the mixture of honey, vinegar and olive oil.
This is a nice fresh light starter.
Can be made up to two days in advance, prepare the garnish to order.
Experience the reality of gourmet cooking yourself. There is only one way to learn and that is to do it! Top chefs, luxury accommodation, set in France - the home of gourmet cuisine; what more could you ask for?
Your hosts and tutors are acclaimed chefs Maynard Harvey and Benedict Haines, two modern chefs who use the freshest ingredients with an emphasis on distinct flavours and clean, meticulous presentation. Their passion and enthusiasm for cooking will stimulate your own love of food, and their expertise will help you gain confidence and perfect your technique in the kitchen.
To find out more about our holidays, courses, accommodation and location deep in the heart of the 'real' French countryside, please look around our site. For further information, contact us.