"Maynard and Benedict have certainly exceeded any expectations I may have had before coming to the course. Bravo! I will certainly encourage our friends & family to follow suit. Boys, remember me when you are rich and famous."
Emily Quah, United Kingdom
1. Soak gelatine leaves in cold water (enough to cover the leaves). Leave for 10 minutes, or until soft and then remove from the water.
2. Heat cream in a small saucepan to scalding point. Remove from heat and stir in softened gelatine leaves
3. Purée all the other ingredients until smooth. Then pour the hot cream into the mixer and blend until incorporated. Do not overwork the mixture at this point.
4. Season to taste and pour mixture into a storage container, and leave in refridgerater for at least four to five hours, until set.
5. Place smoked salmon on plate using a home-made template (as shown in picture).
6 Using two spoons, make a "quinnel" of the guacamole mousse and place on top of the smoked salmon.
7. Garnish with chives and chervil, and perhaps a chilli and lime
You could also use this guacamole mousse as a dip, or simply eat it with a chunk of fresh crusty bread.
This can be made a day in advance, however make sure that it is well covered. If the top of the mousse discolours, just scrape it off and discard. It will keep for 2 to 3 days in the refridgerator, but will tend to discolour as time goes on.
Experience the reality of gourmet cooking yourself. There is only one way to learn and that is to do it! Top chefs, luxury accommodation, set in France - the home of gourmet cuisine; what more could you ask for?
Your hosts and tutors are acclaimed chefs Maynard Harvey and Emerson Farrar, two modern chefs who use the freshest ingredients with an emphasis on distinct flavours and clean, meticulous presentation. Their passion and enthusiasm for cooking will stimulate your own love of food, and their expertise will help you gain confidence and perfect your technique in the kitchen.
To find out more about our holidays, courses, accommodation and location deep in the heart of the 'real' French countryside, please look around our site. For further information, contact us.