"Pleased to say John's birthday present was a huge success. He's even talking about returning for the advanced course! A thoroughly enjoyable few days,& taking home lots of ideas & the essential probe! Do we have the recipe - yes we have!!!"
John & Barbara Whistler
1. Pre-heat oven to 150°C, and pre-heat a heavy based frying pan, add the oil and butter. Cook over a medium heat until frothy, and then add the honey.
2. Add the nuts to the pan and cook until golden brown, then add the chilli and salt and mix well.
3. Strain the excess liquid away, then transfer the nuts to a large baking tray, lined with a silicone non-stick baking mat
4. Roast in the oven for around 25 minutes, and then remove from the heat and leave to cool.
5. When completely cool, store in an airtight container. If the nuts become soft, repeat step 4.
These are the ultimate party nibble, or just any time you feel peckish!
Cooking courses and gourmet vacations available at
Experience the reality of gourmet cooking yourself. There is only one way to learn and that is to do it! Top chefs, luxury accommodation, set in France - the home of gourmet cuisine; what more could you ask for?
Your hosts and tutors are acclaimed chefs Maynard Harvey and Emerson Farrar, two modern chefs who use the freshest ingredients with an emphasis on distinct flavours and clean, meticulous presentation. Their passion and enthusiasm for cooking will stimulate your own love of food, and their expertise will help you gain confidence and perfect your technique in the kitchen.
To find out more about our holidays, courses, accommodation and location deep in the heart of the 'real' French countryside, please look around our site. For further information, contact us.