"My first experience in a cooking class. Great combination of hands-on and demo. Can't wait to try recipes and techniques at home. Maynard & Benedict you both are adorable and thanks for all the laughs. Our group members were so much fun - a memory that will last forever. Keep in touch."
New Jersey, USA
1. Scrub the potatoes, leaving the skin on, prick with a fork and bake in oven at 180°C / 350°F for around an hour and a half, or until soft.
2. Remove from oven and leave to cool for 10 min's. Slice in half along the long side of the potato (unless they are perfectly round!) and scoop the flesh into a bowl, leaving just the potato skin.
3. Finely dice the onions, and crush the garlic. In a large heavy based frying-pan, add the bacon lardons and cook until they are beginning to color. Add the onions and garlic and continue to cook over a medium heat until translucent.
4. Add the onions, bacon & garlic to the potato flesh. Add the boursin, crumbling it between your fingers, crème fraîche and parsley and incorporate all the ingredients. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
5. Refill the potato skins with the mixture, cover with grated cheese of your choice and place back in the oven on a tray. Cook at 180°C / 350°F for a further 20mins or until the cheese on top is golden brown.
Lovely for lunch with a green salad, or ideal accompaniment to a main course.
You can have the potatoes cooked, scooped out and refilled as much as two days in advance. Add the grated cheese and cook before you want to serve them.
Cooking courses and gourmet vacations available at
Experience the reality of gourmet cooking yourself. There is only one way to learn and that is to do it! Top chefs, luxury accommodation, set in France - the home of gourmet cuisine; what more could you ask for?
Your hosts and tutors are acclaimed chefs Maynard Harvey and Emerson Farrar, two modern chefs who use the freshest ingredients with an emphasis on distinct flavours and clean, meticulous presentation. Their passion and enthusiasm for cooking will stimulate your own love of food, and their expertise will help you gain confidence and perfect your technique in the kitchen.
To find out more about our holidays, courses, accommodation and location deep in the heart of the 'real' French countryside, please look around our site. For further information, contact us.