"I felt I really had a glimpse of behind the scene world of a professional kitchen. Thanks for sharing your techniques & wisdom with us. I had a wonderful time cooking & laughing with everyone, I could not have asked for a nicer group of people to share the experience with. Thanks for everything I plan to attend the advanced course in the future."
1. In a mixing bowl combine the lime, ginger, garlic, chilli & coriander.
2. De-vein the prawns and add to the marinade, leave to marinade for 20 min's.
3. Remove some of the marinade from the prawns and set aside.
4. Cut spring roll pastry into 1½ cm strips and brush with egg white. Starting at the tail of the prawn wrap the pastry around the prawn, overlapping the pastry by half.
5. For the dipping sauce combine the rice wine vinegar and sugar in a small saucepan, bring to the boil and cook for 2 to 3 minutes. Add the reserved marinade and cook for another minute. It is ready to use, pour into serving bowl.
6. Heat the vegetable oil to 180° and deep-fry the prawns until golden brown.
Great starter or if you serve more with a fresh salad it makes a lovely lunch.
Everything needs to be cooked to order, the prawns should not be marinated for more than half an hour.
Experience the reality of gourmet cooking yourself. There is only one way to learn and that is to do it! Top chefs, luxury accommodation, set in France - the home of gourmet cuisine; what more could you ask for?
Your hosts and tutors are acclaimed chefs Maynard Harvey and Emerson Farrar, two modern chefs who use the freshest ingredients with an emphasis on distinct flavours and clean, meticulous presentation. Their passion and enthusiasm for cooking will stimulate your own love of food, and their expertise will help you gain confidence and perfect your technique in the kitchen.
To find out more about our holidays, courses, accommodation and location deep in the heart of the 'real' French countryside, please look around our site. For further information, contact us.