"It has been a fantastic week. Thank you so much Maynard, Benedict & Freya. We have learnt so many new skills and had a lot of fun. The food has been extraordinary, the house and setting beautiful. We hope to be back!."
1. Peel and chop potatoes into small dice, place in a saucepan and cover with water, bring to the boil and cook until soft. Strain and leave to cool.
2. Mix the mayonnaise, mustard, lemon juice, fresh dill and olive oil , add to the potatoes. Mix well and season to taste with salt & pepper
3. Cut the crust off the bread, and cut into a rectangle approximately the same size as the fish fillet
4. Heat a non stick frying pan until hot, add sunflower oil and fry the fish fillets skin side down for about a minute and a half, fry the bread until golden brown on both sides
5. Place the fried bread on the serving plate, spoon the potato salad onto the bread and then top with the mackerel. Serve with a roquette salad
Is best cooked to order although the mayonnaise can be prepared in advance.
Great for lunch or as a starter.
Cooking courses and gourmet vacations available at
Experience the reality of gourmet cooking yourself. There is only one way to learn and that is to do it! Top chefs, luxury accommodation, set in France - the home of gourmet cuisine; what more could you ask for?
Your hosts and tutors are acclaimed chefs Maynard Harvey and Emerson Farrar, two modern chefs who use the freshest ingredients with an emphasis on distinct flavours and clean, meticulous presentation. Their passion and enthusiasm for cooking will stimulate your own love of food, and their expertise will help you gain confidence and perfect your technique in the kitchen.
To find out more about our holidays, courses, accommodation and location deep in the heart of the 'real' French countryside, please look around our site. For further information, contact us.