"Thank you so very much, you are truly inspiring!!! I now know how to do things properly and a hell of a lot more organized. I can't wait to get home & start practicing everything we've learnt!"
1. Cut the orange in half, and stud with 3 cloves in each half. Slice the lemons into thin slices.
2. Put all the ingredients into a large saucepan and bring to scalding point - just below boiling.
3. Keep the mixture at this temperature for 15 to 20 minutes to infuse, taste and adjust to your preference - i.e. more sugar or lemon etc.
4. Strain into a carafe and serve, or if you prefer you can pour the strained mixture into sterilized wine bottles, and keep in the fridge for up to two weeks.
5. Can be quite potent - so be careful!!!
This is ideal for sharing with friends, sat around a blazing fire, singing Christmas carols!! (If that is your thing!) Great before tree hugging! Also goes very well with home roasted chestnuts.
Up to two weeks, but is best served when freshly made.
Cooking courses and gourmet vacations available at
Experience the reality of gourmet cooking yourself. There is only one way to learn and that is to do it! Top chefs, luxury accommodation, set in France - the home of gourmet cuisine; what more could you ask for?
Your hosts and tutors are acclaimed chefs Maynard Harvey and Emerson Farrar, two modern chefs who use the freshest ingredients with an emphasis on distinct flavours and clean, meticulous presentation. Their passion and enthusiasm for cooking will stimulate your own love of food, and their expertise will help you gain confidence and perfect your technique in the kitchen.
To find out more about our holidays, courses, accommodation and location deep in the heart of the 'real' French countryside, please look around our site. For further information, contact us.