"I can't believe it's been almost a year already since we had such a Great time at the Walnut Grove!! The rest of my compadres also left Germany and they are all living in the Washington DC area, I hope to get together with them soon, do a little Walnut Grove reunion!!
Til next time..."
1. Using a sharp potato peeler, carefully peel the clementine's. Cut the peel from one clementine into fine strips (julienne) and blanch them in boiling water for 20secs, then refresh them in cold water.
2. Put the white wine into a saucepan and add the rest of the clementine peel. Squeeze the juice from the peeled clementine's and add to the wine. Bring to the boil and reduce to one quarter of the original amount. Strain and chill the liquid.
3. In a large mixing bowl semi-whip the cream.
4. Scoop out all the flesh from the passion fruit. Reserve apron 1 tablespoon of the passion fruit (for a garnish). Fold the rest of the passion fruit gently into the whipped cream, then fold in the wine/clementine syrup.
5. Sweeten to taste with sifted icing sugar, and balance the flavours with a small amount of brandy (1 to 2 tsp's).
6. When you are happy with the final taste, spoon gently into cocktail glasses, dribble the reserved passion fruit over the top, then place the zest on the top and garnish with a sprig of mint. They are now ready to serve.
This is a great light pudding, which can be made very very quickly, even to order. It is nice served with some kind of biscuit, perhaps shortbread - to add some crunch.
This can be made in the morning, but only put in serving glasses and add the garnish at the last minute.
Experience the reality of gourmet cooking yourself. There is only one way to learn and that is to do it! Top chefs, luxury accommodation, set in France - the home of gourmet cuisine; what more could you ask for?
Your hosts and tutors are acclaimed chefs Maynard Harvey and Emerson Farrar, two modern chefs who use the freshest ingredients with an emphasis on distinct flavours and clean, meticulous presentation. Their passion and enthusiasm for cooking will stimulate your own love of food, and their expertise will help you gain confidence and perfect your technique in the kitchen.
To find out more about our holidays, courses, accommodation and location deep in the heart of the 'real' French countryside, please look around our site. For further information, contact us.