"Many thanks for the invaluable kitchen skills, cooking tips & delectable recipes. My cardiologist thanks you too for keeping him in business!!! Merci bien."
1. Chop peaches & remove the stones. Chop onions finely, put all the ingredients into a large stockpot and bring to the boil.
2. Simmer rapidly for an hour stirring frequently to stop the mixture catching on the bottom of the pan.
3. While it is cooking prepare your jars - they need to be sterilized. Wash the jars & the lids in hot soapy water, rinse well and leave to dry.
4. Ten minutes before the chutney is ready to bottle, put the jars onto a large tray covered in paper towels (to avoid the jars making direct contact with the metal tray).
Ensure they are not touching each other, put into pre-heated oven at 180°C/400°F and leave in the oven for 10 minutes. In the meantime put all the lids into a stainless steel saucepan, cover with water and boil for at least 5 minutes.
5. Turn the heat off under the chutney and carefully take the jars out of the oven; leave them to cool for a couple of minutes - if you try to put the hot mixture straight into the jars they will crack. When the jars have cooled a little (they should still be very hot) fill them with the chutney and put the lid on as tightly as you can. As they cool down they will suck the lid down causing an air-tight vacuum.
Leave to cool, then label them with date that it was made. Best left to mature for at least a month
Chutney is wonderful with cheese & bread, terrines, charcuterie or try adding a little to a curry.
Chutney improves with age, so really the earlier you make it the better! We recommend waiting at least 4 months before eating it.
Experience the reality of gourmet cooking yourself. There is only one way to learn and that is to do it! Top chefs, luxury accommodation, set in France - the home of gourmet cuisine; what more could you ask for?
Your hosts and tutors are acclaimed chefs Maynard Harvey and Emerson Farrar, two modern chefs who use the freshest ingredients with an emphasis on distinct flavours and clean, meticulous presentation. Their passion and enthusiasm for cooking will stimulate your own love of food, and their expertise will help you gain confidence and perfect your technique in the kitchen.
To find out more about our holidays, courses, accommodation and location deep in the heart of the 'real' French countryside, please look around our site. For further information, contact us.