"Thank you for helping expand my creativity, sharpen my knife skills, & providing the fundamentals to producing restaurant quality food! I hope to see you again at the advanced course!"
1. Put the raspberries and sugar in a heat proof bowl, and seal with cling film. Place on top of a saucepan of gently simmering water for 40 minutes.
2. Take a either a colander lined with a muslin cloth or a jelly bag and place it over a large bowl. Pour the raspberries and their juice into colander/jelly bag and leave to drain - preferably overnight .
3. Take the juice and measure it out, add enough water to have 500ml of raspberry juice.
4. Place the gelatine leaves in a bowl of cold water to soak until they are soft. Remove from water, place in a cup and microwave until liquid. Take a small amount of the raspberry juice and add it to the gelatine, stirring until incorporated. Then pour this mixture into the rest of the raspberry juice. Mix well, pour into moulds and put into the fridge to set.
5. When the jelly has set and you want to serve them, put the moulds in hot water for a minute before tipping upside down.
The uses for jelly are limited only by your imagination! Set in individual moulds, served with cream, fruit coulis, knickbocker glory, trifle - the list goes on!
This jelly can easily be made a day in advance, and will keep in the fridge for two to three days.
Cooking courses and gourmet vacations available at
Experience the reality of gourmet cooking yourself. There is only one way to learn and that is to do it! Top chefs, luxury accommodation, set in France - the home of gourmet cuisine; what more could you ask for?
Your hosts and tutors are acclaimed chefs Maynard Harvey and Emerson Farrar, two modern chefs who use the freshest ingredients with an emphasis on distinct flavours and clean, meticulous presentation. Their passion and enthusiasm for cooking will stimulate your own love of food, and their expertise will help you gain confidence and perfect your technique in the kitchen.
To find out more about our holidays, courses, accommodation and location deep in the heart of the 'real' French countryside, please look around our site. For further information, contact us.