"Thank you for not being stuffy and serious, as in my opinion, cooking should be fun above all else. Your course really was the best fun a girl could have with her clothes on! I really feel that my cooking has gone up a notch and look forward to doing the advanced course which you kindly assured me I was capable of."
1. Lightly whiz the pistachio's in a food processor until they are in small chunks, but not too fine.
2. Chop the butter into cubes, then put the butter, icing sugar, flour & corn flour into a food processor. Blend until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.
3. Transfer the mixture to a large bowl, add the water & pistachio's and knead it slightly until the mixture holds together.
4. Divide the mixture into two equal portions and roll into a sausage shape on a cold flat surface - a marble slab is ideal.
5. Take a large sheet of cling film place the sausage shape on the edge and roll tightly and twist the two ends tightly until a perfect cylindrical shape is achieved.
6. Peel the cling film back and slice into 5mm pieces. Place on a baking tray and cook at 150°C for around 10 minutes, or when the shortbread is just starting to colour.
7. Leave on the tray for 5 minutes to cool, sprinkle lightly with caster sugar, then transfer to a wire rack.
A lovely light melt in the mouth biscuit for any tea or coffee break, ideal with coffee after dinner. Also can be used as an accompaniment to desserts.
Once you have wrapped the shortbread in cling film it can be kept in the fridge for up to 2 weeks - when you want to cook some fresh shortbread simply cook it to order! Alternatively it can also be frozen.
Cooking courses and gourmet vacations available at
Experience the reality of gourmet cooking yourself. There is only one way to learn and that is to do it! Top chefs, luxury accommodation, set in France - the home of gourmet cuisine; what more could you ask for?
Your hosts and tutors are acclaimed chefs Maynard Harvey and Emerson Farrar, two modern chefs who use the freshest ingredients with an emphasis on distinct flavours and clean, meticulous presentation. Their passion and enthusiasm for cooking will stimulate your own love of food, and their expertise will help you gain confidence and perfect your technique in the kitchen.
To find out more about our holidays, courses, accommodation and location deep in the heart of the 'real' French countryside, please look around our site. For further information, contact us.