"You have managed to rekindle my love of cooking & the joy of preparing food for all to enjoy! Learning how to prepare & present food that looks fantastic and tasted even better - and is still hot! Thanks for your patience and support on the food journey - I'll be back for the advanced course!"
Pat & Linda Brown
1. Put butter and sugar into an 8" frying pan (that will fit into your oven - metal handle) and gently simmer for 2 to 3 minutes.
2. Peel and quarter pears. Carefully place into frying pan, ensuring that each pear quarter is touching the base of the pan and they are evenly distributed.
3.Sprinkle the almonds over the pears, butter & sugar and continue cooking until the underside of the pears are golden brown.
4. Remove from heat and carefully place the puff pastry over the top of the pan, and place in a preheated oven, 180°C or 375°F.
5. Cook until pasty has risen and is golden brown, approx 15 minutes.
6. Remove from oven and allow to cool for at least 15 to 0 minutes.
7. Place a clean serving plate upside down over the pan, and turn over quickly. It is now ready to serve.
You can either serve this warm - straight from the oven, or chilled. It is always nice with either créme frâiche or whipped cream, and even nicer with a scoop of lovely homemade ice cream.
This is best made on the day of consumption, but will keep for a couple of days once it is made.
Experience the reality of gourmet cooking yourself. There is only one way to learn and that is to do it! Top chefs, luxury accommodation, set in France - the home of gourmet cuisine; what more could you ask for?
Your hosts and tutors are acclaimed chefs Maynard Harvey and Emerson Farrar, two modern chefs who use the freshest ingredients with an emphasis on distinct flavours and clean, meticulous presentation. Their passion and enthusiasm for cooking will stimulate your own love of food, and their expertise will help you gain confidence and perfect your technique in the kitchen.
To find out more about our holidays, courses, accommodation and location deep in the heart of the 'real' French countryside, please look around our site. For further information, contact us.