"What a terrific expericence! Well organised, totally relevant focus on learning. Couldn't have asked for a more thorough teaching course that was also made even more terrific with the wonderful settingm accommodations and above all, the fun personalities of Freya & Maynard. Sincere thanks for the work you put in to make it so rewarding."
1. Dice the onions, slice & wash leek & celery and finely slice the garlic & green chilli. Heat a medium to large sized saucepan, melt the butter and add the chopped vegetables. Cook gently over a medium heat until the onion, leeks and celery is softened but not colored.
2. Slice 100g of the chorizo and add to the saucepan with the paprika. Continue to cook for a couple of minutes until the oil has started to come out of the chorizo. Add the tinned tomatoes, sundried tomatoes and tomato puree and cook for another 5 minutes.
3. Add the chicken stock and cook for a further 20 minutes. Blend the soup in a liquidiser, then pass through a sieve, using the back of a ladle to work it through the sieve.
4. Put back in a clean saucepan, and add the cream, sugar & vinegar. Season with salt to taste.
5. Finely dice the remaining chorizo and fry until just crispy. Serve the soup and garnish with the fried chorizo and a little more cream.
Lovely warming lunch, or use a smaller portion for a starter. Serve with fresh crusty bread & butter, or warm focaccia bread.
Can be made the day before using, and will keep in the fridge in a covered container for 3 to 4 days..
Experience the reality of gourmet cooking yourself. There is only one way to learn and that is to do it! Top chefs, luxury accommodation, set in France - the home of gourmet cuisine; what more could you ask for?
Your hosts and tutors are acclaimed chefs Maynard Harvey and Emerson Farrar, two modern chefs who use the freshest ingredients with an emphasis on distinct flavours and clean, meticulous presentation. Their passion and enthusiasm for cooking will stimulate your own love of food, and their expertise will help you gain confidence and perfect your technique in the kitchen.
To find out more about our holidays, courses, accommodation and location deep in the heart of the 'real' French countryside, please look around our site. For further information, contact us.