"The course was all I had hoped for... and more. My aim was to take home a lot of the techniques and basics I felt I lacked. In point of fact I have brought home far more than I expected and find myself brimming with new ideas to try. Maynard and Benedict communicate a real infectious enthusiasm but set standards which they enforce quite severely ..... yet in a manner that doesn't leave you frustrated or embarrassed if you fall short - a rare skill and the sign of true teachers. I find I am astonished at how much I acquired without even realising it."
1. Mix the flour, baking powder & salt together, then slowly add the olive oil and water until the mixture resembles a dough.
2. Turn out onto a flat surface and knead for about 2 minutes.
3. Roll out with rolling pin until wafer thin, cut into desired shapes. Transfer onto a non-stick baking tray (or a tray with a non-stick baking mat), brush with a little water and sprinkle with either poppy or sesame seeds.
4. Bake in oven at 160°C about 25 minutes, or until golden brown.
5. Leave to cool and store in an airtight container.
To be served with cheese, but is can also be served with dips
Can be made the day before serving and kept in an airtight container.
Experience the reality of gourmet cooking yourself. There is only one way to learn and that is to do it! Top chefs, luxury accommodation, set in France - the home of gourmet cuisine; what more could you ask for?
Your hosts and tutors are acclaimed chefs Maynard Harvey and Emerson Farrar, two modern chefs who use the freshest ingredients with an emphasis on distinct flavours and clean, meticulous presentation. Their passion and enthusiasm for cooking will stimulate your own love of food, and their expertise will help you gain confidence and perfect your technique in the kitchen.
To find out more about our holidays, courses, accommodation and location deep in the heart of the 'real' French countryside, please look around our site. For further information, contact us.