"You have managed to rekindle my love of cooking & the joy of preparing food for all to enjoy! Learning how to prepare & present food that looks fantastic and tasted even better - and is still hot! Thanks for your patience and support on the food journey - I'll be back for the advanced course!"
Pat & Linda Brown
1. In a heavy based saucepan gently sauté the finely chopped onions, garlic and thyme until they are soft but not colored.
2. Deglaze the pan by adding the white wine and reduce to a syrup, then add the chicken stock and reduce by half. Add the cream, bring to the boil and allow to simmer for one minute.
3. Heat a frying pan and sauté the wild mushrooms until just cooked, then add the mushrooms to the sauce.
4. Cook pasta in a large saucepan full of boiling salted water until it is al dente, drain and add to the sauce.
5. Transfer the pasta to a serving bowl, and using a carving fork, form a spiral with the tagliatelli.
6. Spoon any remaining sauce over the tagliatelli, grate a little parmesan cheese over the pasta and garnish with fresh herbs.
This dish can be served either as a starter or a main course, and is also great for lunch.
This is best made when you are going to eat it. However the mushrooms can be cleaned in advance.
Experience the reality of gourmet cooking yourself. There is only one way to learn and that is to do it! Top chefs, luxury accommodation, set in France - the home of gourmet cuisine; what more could you ask for?
Your hosts and tutors are acclaimed chefs Maynard Harvey and Emerson Farrar, two modern chefs who use the freshest ingredients with an emphasis on distinct flavours and clean, meticulous presentation. Their passion and enthusiasm for cooking will stimulate your own love of food, and their expertise will help you gain confidence and perfect your technique in the kitchen.
To find out more about our holidays, courses, accommodation and location deep in the heart of the 'real' French countryside, please look around our site. For further information, contact us.