"The French countryside, beautiful stone cottages, incredible meals, great side trips and cooking lessons from two Grand Chefs! Our family vacation has been the best experience yet and we have loved every minute! It was all we had hoped it would be - perfection!"
Al, Susan & Ann
1. Cut the leek into thin shreds, and wash thoroughly to remove any grit. Drain well in a colander.
2. Brush any dirt off the mushrooms, if they are very dirty wash them quickly, but do not allow them to soak up too much water. Cut them into bite sized pieces, and crush garlic.
3. Heat a medium sized frying pan, add the butter and sauté the leeks & garlic until soft but not coloured.
4. Add mushrooms and continue to cook until the mushrooms are soft, add wine, bring to the boil for 30 seconds to reduce the alcohol. Add cream and do the same thing.
5. Place in serving dish/dishes of your choice, sprinkle with the grated cheddar, parmesan cheese and breadcrumbs and bake at 180°C until golden brown.
Lovely served with a fresh roquette salad & crusty bread for lunch or on it's own as a starter. Can also serve as a vegetarian main course.
Can be prepared beforehand in the moulds, and baked to order. Will keep unbaked for one day.
Experience the reality of gourmet cooking yourself. There is only one way to learn and that is to do it! Top chefs, luxury accommodation, set in France - the home of gourmet cuisine; what more could you ask for?
Your hosts and tutors are acclaimed chefs Maynard Harvey and Emerson Farrar, two modern chefs who use the freshest ingredients with an emphasis on distinct flavours and clean, meticulous presentation. Their passion and enthusiasm for cooking will stimulate your own love of food, and their expertise will help you gain confidence and perfect your technique in the kitchen.
To find out more about our holidays, courses, accommodation and location deep in the heart of the 'real' French countryside, please look around our site. For further information, contact us.