"Thank you so much for this informative, inspirational experience filled with loads of practical ideas, shortcuts and techniques. I loved the excursions freya, and look forward to returning for the advanced course."
1. Beat the eggs in a large bowl, add the flour and oil then whisk it all into a smooth paste.
2. Whisk in the milk, horseradish and seasoning until you have a smooth liquid mixture. Leave to rest at room temperature for 2 to 3 hours.
3. Pre-heat oven to 180°C
4. Arrange your moulds on a tray, add a little duck fat to each mould and place tray in the oven to heat.
5. When the fat is hot, remove from oven, pour mixture into each mould until the mould is about two thirds full.
6. Cook until golden brown all over, (around 20 mins), remove from oven and serve immediately.
The ultimate accommpaniment to roast beef!
The mixture could be made the day before you want to use it, and kept in an airtight container in the fridge. They need to be cooked just before you want to serve them..
Cooking courses and gourmet vacations available at
Experience the reality of gourmet cooking yourself. There is only one way to learn and that is to do it! Top chefs, luxury accommodation, set in France - the home of gourmet cuisine; what more could you ask for?
Your hosts and tutors are acclaimed chefs Maynard Harvey and Emerson Farrar, two modern chefs who use the freshest ingredients with an emphasis on distinct flavours and clean, meticulous presentation. Their passion and enthusiasm for cooking will stimulate your own love of food, and their expertise will help you gain confidence and perfect your technique in the kitchen.
To find out more about our holidays, courses, accommodation and location deep in the heart of the 'real' French countryside, please look around our site. For further information, contact us.